I’ve been in search of a healthy, non-toxic dishwasher tab recipe and found this one, which I ended up tweaking because I don’t want to use just any dish-washing liquid.
You will need:
1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup citric acid (found at Walmart with the canning supplies)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp Dr. Bronner’s lavender Castile liquid soap
Mix ingredients together in a bowl and put into ice cube tray compartments. The mixture will expand a little as it sets, so just remove the excess from the top and add to another compartment if you overfill them. Leave to set overnight, or at least for 4 hours. They will come out of the ice cube tray when you twist it. Store in a glass jar and keep away from moisture. Use one per load. Makes 12 tabs.
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine in a bowl and mix with a hand blender:
11 tbsp melted butter (I used Kerrygold salted, but you could use unsalted too)
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp baking cocoa (or cocoa powder)
2 tsp vanilla
4 oz cream cheese
5 tbsp Pyure
Pour mixture into a lined 8.5 in baking pan and bake for 20-35 minutes. My batch was not quite done after 25 minutes so I let it cook an extra 10 and it came out perfect. It will puff up when you take it out but let it cool and it will deflate. I cut it into 16 bars.
The texture is a soft, light, fudgey consistency. Really yummy!
Nutrition facts based on my ingredients:
Per bar: 124 calories, 12 g fat, 1 g carbs, 3 g protein
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 tbsp Pyure
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla
Mix ingredients with a hand mixer and pour into a small, buttered frying pan over medium heat. Flip and cook the other side when firm. Top with cinnamon, Pyure, and melted butter, if you like.
Here’s my Cheesy Zucchini recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350.
Wash 1 Zucchini squash and cut off and discard both ends.
Slice the remaining zucchini into thin rounds.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and line the slices on the sheet in a single layer (as pictured).
Top each slice with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve warm with main dish.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons Pyure
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (I measured out 1 cup of pecan halves and put them in a baggie and crushed them with a kitchen mallet)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Kerrygold butter
- Pinch of salt
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and caramel until well blended.
- Add the sour cream.
- Whip until the consistency is thick, dense, and creamy.
- Add the Pyure.
- Melt the butter in a separate container.
- Mix the pecans and the salt, then add the butter. Mix until well blended.
- Reserve a tablespoon or two for the topping, if you like. I opted not to since I made my cheesecake in a 9in round glass pan and spread all of the nut mixture on the bottom for a crust.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the pecan crust.
- Smooth the top and chill for at least 4 hours.
Makes 8 servings.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 packages Knox unflavored gelatine
16 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp baking cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Pyure
Heat almond milk in microwave for 1 minute.
Add milk and other ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
Refrigerate (preferably overnight).
1 cup Borax
1 cup Baking Soda
1 cup water
3 tbsp dish washing liquid
Mix together and apply with soft bristle brush. Scrub until the soap scum in your tub is gone. Rinse well.