- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons Pyure
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (I measured out 1 cup of pecan halves and put them in a baggie and crushed them with a kitchen mallet)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Kerrygold butter
- Pinch of salt
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and caramel until well blended.
- Add the sour cream.
- Whip until the consistency is thick, dense, and creamy.
- Add the Pyure.
- Melt the butter in a separate container.
- Mix the pecans and the salt, then add the butter. Mix until well blended.
- Reserve a tablespoon or two for the topping, if you like. I opted not to since I made my cheesecake in a 9in round glass pan and spread all of the nut mixture on the bottom for a crust.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the pecan crust.
- Smooth the top and chill for at least 4 hours.