I’m sure I’m not the only one who notices the oil stains left behind on our bedding after nights and nights of use. I finally found a recipe for removing them and I’d like to share it with you! I found it here: https://dengarden.com/cleaning/removing-body-oil-stains-and-odors-from-sheets
Your regular laundry detergent
Borax – eliminates odors
Dish Liquid (whatever you use for hand-washing dishes) – breaks up the oil
Distilled White Vinegar – eliminates odors and natural fabric softener
- Start with an empty washer.
- Pour in your detergent.
- Set your washer to normal/heavy, with wash in hot water, rinse in cold.
- Add 3 good squirts of dish liquid to the running stream of water.
- Sprinkle 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Borax to the water.
- Add your bed sheets or other stained articles of laundry.
- Add 1/4 – 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar to your fabric softener dispenser. If you don’t have one, you can just add it right into the machine with your load.
- Let the machine fill and soak for 30 minutes before starting the wash cycle. This will help to break apart the oils, so don’t skip this step!
- After 30 minutes, close the lid and let it wash like normal.
- Dry normally and enjoy clean, oil free sheets!